Saturday, April 28, 2012

Families

Family is everything to me.  Normally you would think that family means a father, mother, and children.  You could also put cousins, aunts, uncles,  and grandparents into that category as well.  These are great examples of what a family would consist of.  However, even though I do believe in family like the examples above it's not the only way that I define family.  My family doesn't stop at blood, but it connects to my closest friends as well.  This includes my best friends, girlfriend, and my girlfriends family.  All of these people are a part of my family outside of my blood family.  This especially means a lot to me when it comes to my girlfriend as someday our two families will be connected once we get married after I graduate.  Two separate families will become one because of this.  With this being known my girlfriend and I would have to say that we have a total marriage even though we're not married yet.  We enjoy each others company for entertainment, but we also have our separate interests that that we want to individually pursue at the same time.  

1 comment:

  1. NinerPride408, you developed a thought for me when it comes to my definition of family. I was thinking in terms of my parents and siblings and the extended family such as grandparents, aunts, uncles, and close cousins 9I have A LOT of cousins so I'm going to keep it simple and say close cousins). But, you brought in your friends, girlfriend, and her family into your definition of family and I think that is interesting and smart of you to do. If you are in a relationship with that special someone, they are family, too, and so are their set families as well. I have a few friends that came to mind who I can consider as family. I have a very close friend, although is a year younger, I see as my big brother. If I can have him and my younger brother, who is blood related, meet one day, I would be happy to say my family has grown and I have two brothers. Great post. Helped me develop a different view.

    ReplyDelete