Sunday, March 4, 2012

Listening: A 10 Part Skill

The ten parts that make up listening consist of finding an area of interest, judging content and not delivery, holding your fire, listening for ideas, being flexible, working at listening, resisting distractions, exercising your mind, keeping your mind open and finally capitalizing on thought speed.  Listening is an activity that we do throughout our lives.  Listening is a major factor for succeeding in college for example.  If we don't pay attention to what the instructors are giving us then the chance of failure rises drastically.  This can be linked to me since I'm one of those people that needs to constantly be moving, or doing something productive.  I am not saying that my education isn't productive, but I hate being stuck at a desk for long periods of time.  It makes me lose interest, and in turn decreases the amount of information that I process since I'm not listening as well.  Reading about these skills hopefully will change this about myself, and make me a better listener in all aspects of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment