Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fallacies

Men and women have always had expectations on what kind of emotions to express in our society.  Women are supposed to be sensitive and not show signs of anger, while men need to show the opposite.  For me I don't like to show my emotions on a regular basis.  It probably has to do with a pride issue that I have, but also because of my social status and expectations as a man.  People that know me always see me as this strong willed individual that doesn't show off emotions since I can usually control them.  What I need to start doing is being honest with myself, and others about my emotions.  I'm not saying that deep down I'm a over sensitive cry baby, but I need to be able to express more of my emotions rather than bottling them in.  It definitely doesn't help since doing that only causes me stress frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment